Monday, December 31, 2012

Our Year In Review...

2012 has been a very productive year, a year that has indeed been a year of harvest as the Lord had spoken to me at the end of 2011, but also a year full of many changes, trials, growth, discomfort, surrendering, and we have had to do things I never thought we would have to do.

One year ago today on New Years Eve I felt the Lord telling me to submit myself to him and my husband, something I have really struggled with in the past. The last day of 2011 ended with me literally submitting myself to my husband and God, washing his feet, repenting of not letting him lead our family and letting go of the last little bit of control I had been hanging on to. Little did I know that In doing so, the Lord was going to ask me to submit myself to him and Wayne a lot during the coming year.

The very next week Wayne got laid off from work and I needed to submit myself, our family, finances and everything to the Lord and let Wayne lead us down a new path, trusting his vision for us and that he was hearing from the Lord, which would involve him starting his own business, trusting God to supply all our needs and to give Wayne an abundance of work.

The Lord provided in so many ways. He provided for us financially; proving his word to me that Wayne would go from having no work to so much work that he wouldn't know what to do, provided a trip back home to VA to give me closure and allow me to hug the necks of those whom I'd been missing, provided me with spiritual food to grow, new friends, tangible ways for me to see His love and has made me thankful for so many things in my life.

In 2012 I got to go to a women's retreat with women back home who are very dear to my heart, went on many hikes, went to Breckenridge with my family and soaked up every moment with them, took Josiah and Micah to the Broncos Training Camp, witnessed my children grow, mature, and change, Micah lost his first tooth, made a weekly tradition of pizza/movie night with my boys, witnessed Josiah spraining his ankle and seeing it healed, had many "aha" moments, many phone conversations with friends and family, had some disagreements and some people misunderstanding me, Wayne finally started Bible College, had the loss of some friendships and the beginning of new one's, received dreams, visions and words from the Lord, lots of refocusing and late night talks with my hubby about our dreams/vision for our life, finally found a church that feels like home, LOTS of playing and watching football, weekly trips to the library, experienced IKEA for the first time ;), had many warm summer nights grilling out and cold winter nights snuggling and drinking hot chocolate. Overall 2012 has been a good year! It has been a year full of many changes, many harvests (spiritually, financially and mentally). The year may not have started out like I'd planned, but in the end the things we experienced were part of Gods plan to set us up for an even better 2013 and future!!

2013 is the year of the inconceivable, a year when God does things we can't even fathom, full of many blessings and our minds being blown, limitations will be taken off, new experiences are awaiting us and any year spent with the Lord and following his leading is sure to be an amazing one! So long 2012. Welcome 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment