Sunday, December 2, 2012

Unending Love

Most nights after I put the kids to bed, I try and pack Wayne's lunch for him for work the next day and straighten up the house. I hate nothing more than waking up to a messy house full of disorder and clutter. It sets my whole mood way off if I feel like my day starts with me having to clean up a mess right from the get go. Tonight was no different in what I did, however it was extremely different in nature.

After I loaded the dishwasher, I felt the Lord telling me to just stop and worship. I had Hillsong playing on my iTunes set on a dock and decided I would do just that. I skipped to the next song, which is a song that really ministers to me and that I hadn't heard in a while. As I stood there singing in the kitchen, worshipping my Lord and Savior, nothing could've ministered more to me in that moment. Tears were streaming down as I felt the love of the Lord overwhelm me, thinking about how good and gracious he has been to me. I saw how he pulled me out of the deep pit that I had allowed myself to be in for so many years and how he has set me free. Half way into the song I saw in the spirit Jesus standing right beside me. I couldn't see his body but saw his shadow in my mind, and he was so pleased with my worship, taking it in. Knowing and seeing that took my breath away, all I could do is cry and wondered I bet this is a glimpse of what heaven must be like, full of love, awe, wonder and so encamped by his love that it completely captivates you.

I knew he was there! I tried to sing but the words came out sporadically. I was so afraid to open my eyes; afraid that I would miss out on the moment and afraid that he would be gone. A few moments later I decided to open my eyes, and sure enough he wasn't there, at least not physically. Part of my heart was disappointed; disappointed because I had wanted to see him with my physical eyes , but the other part of my heart was rejoicing in the fact that nothing had felt more real to me than knowing and seeing in the spiritual realm that he was there.

I say all of this not to brag about my experience but to share with you that he IS there and he really does inhabit the praises of his people!! God is always there waiting for us to tune into his frequency and speak truths to us, set us free, minister to us and show us himself and his love in real and tangible ways. He is NO respecter of persons. He doesn't play favorites and wants to make himself known to you in a real, intimate and personal way; a way that will speak and minister to you only. I want to encourage you at some point this week to really tune into the Lord. Turn off all the noise, distractions, busyness and just be with him. Clear your mind of all the condemnation and guilt and let him show you how he truly feels about you, that he is absolutely in love with you and isn't judging you. His arms are open wide, his love is unending, he stands at the door and knocks. Will you answer the cry of your heart and let him in?

Below is the song that helped me enter in and spoke to my heart. Maybe it will do the same for you!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/sDIuFrdKiXg"

No comments:

Post a Comment