Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Voice of One...

"May Your voice be louder
May Your voice be clearer
Than all the others"
-Jeremy Riddle

Lately I have heard a lot of people doubting and questioning God's voice, leading, and promptings saying things like "This can't be God because it doesn't make sense," or they are simply afraid to do something for fear of what others will think, say, or having to leave the comforts that surround them.

God has an individual plan for each of us, a mission he has for us to accomplish that will most definitely call us to action, call us to leave the very things and people that we have become comfortable and complacent around, and to ultimately draw us into a more intimate relationship with him so that he can pour out ALL his blessings, promises, provision and love into our lives.

Matthew 22:14 says "Many are called, but few are chosen."
Matthew 16:24-26 says "Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?


God has not called us to be comfortable, but to deny ourselves, our flesh, our feelings, our wants/desires and follow him. Many people look at giving up these things as an inconvenience to their flesh and/or lifestyle and therefore they choose to stay where they are; unfulfilled, unhappy with their life, struggling in many areas of their lives, and "asleep" in the spirit to what God has and wants to do for them.

I have known since I was a little girl that God had a very specific calling on my life. I  knew that it was only a matter of time before God called me out of my comfort zones; the very place I grew up, leaving my family and friends, all the comforts of the money we were making to follow him. I, for over 7 years, allowed money, circumstances, pregnancies, family/friends to discourage and talk me out of what God was so very clearly calling me and my family to. I allowed fear and my emotions to control me instead of letting God's word ring more true in my life. We left and gave up a business we owned, sacrificing the comfort of our income. Upon moving to Colorado we took a pay cut of almost $5k a month. We left a church that we were part of the core team that helped to start it, where I was pretty involved in the women's ministry, to come to a land of the unknown. We left many things and many people, denying our flesh to follow the Lord, knowing that he will bless our obedience, sacrifices and bless us more than we can even fathom because we were willing to step out of the boat. If Jesus himself left the comforts of his home to follow the will of the Lord, and he is our example, how much more is he calling us to leave the comforts of our lives to follow him? Nothing in the natural makes sense about the bible or miracles. It all goes against or senses, so why do we think his calling us will make any sense? I don't know about you but I do not want to get to heaven and see all the things God had for me here on earth, that I missed out on, simply because I was too scared to follow him and do some things that looked crazy to everyone else on the outside.
Something the Lord has really been speaking to me lately is that he will never call us to do something that doesn't require him. If you are in a job that you can provide everything you need for your family without the Lord, then you're probably not doing what God has called you to do. We need God, period, and my job as a parent is to teach my children how to not only hear God's voice, but to follow him wherever he leads them, and to rely on him more than they rely on us or the natural.

1 John 15: 5 says “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."


Are you trying to do life on your own apart from the Lord? Are you listening to your family and friends, looking at the circumstances of life, your finances, relying more on your feelings then you are the Lord? Are you trying to "store up for yourself treasures on earth where moth and rust destroy," rather than treasures in heaven? Do you only "need" God when something bad happens in your life? God has such a great life in store for each and every one of us that will only work when we are truly seeking, following and relying on Him! Even though we made many sacrifices to come to Colorado, I can honestly say I am the happiest I have ever been in my entire life. God has blessed us with amazing friends, has already proven himself faithful and provided for us in so many ways, and I wouldn't have it any other way! I know our harvest is coming!!

Whatever God is calling you to do...don't let the voices of others drown out that still small voice of the Lord. Stop asking God for a "sign," stop wanting everything to line up and make sense because it never will. We are not waiting for God, he is waiting for us to take a step, do what he's told us and simply wait/trust him to provide everything we need. You take a step, and then God will reveal more of the bigger picture to you. Trust the Lord and lean not on your own understanding. He knows what's best for us and wants to bless us more than we want to be blessed!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment